Although these rules cover most general situations, they cannot cover everything, therefore Teen Chat Moderators have permission to take any action that’s necessary to ensure TeenChat are not disrupted. Please be sure to read our FAQs if you have questions.
- Do not (constantly) type in all caps. (It looks like you are yelling everything you say)
- If you private message someone and they do not reply, do not keep messaging them.
- If someone is annoying you, please ignore them rather than message a moderator.
If You Have Been Banned
You may fill out a ban appeal form to be allowed back into the chat.
Rules For All Rooms
- Breaking any rule may result in being banned from the chat. (No warning is required). If people are breaking the rules and a mod logs on and bans you, saying other people were doing the same thing is no excuse.
- DO NOT ARGUE WITH OR QUESTION moderators when they tell you to stop spamming, change your name or modify your behavior. There are too many chatters to debate whether your name or your post was against the rules. Doing this will probably result in the conversation coming to a quick end with you being banned.
- Posting your e-mail address, instant messaging ID or cam requests in the lobby may get you banned. You might get kicked out or messaged as a warning OR you may simply be banned on the spot. Also, people who keep re-posting the same message may not be warned. (These repeated posting count as spam and are not allowed.)
- Our chats are English language sites (except Spanish and Asian chats). This helps our moderators keep the site safe.
- Posting links to .exe or .zip files will get you banned, since most of these are viruses.
- Do not post personal information – yours or anyone else’s. Posting private phone numbers will get you banned right away. (We have and will continue to work with the police to identify people posting phone numbers that are not theirs in chat.)
- User Names: No Inappropriate or Offensive Nicknames.
- Spamming, flooding, trolling, roasting or racism will not be tolerated.
- Do not clone or try to impersonate another user or claim to be TeenChatZone staff. You will be banned.
- You may not share your VIP account login information with others users.